WASHINGTON COUNTY, VA - We have more facts on a police chase Friday night in Washington County, VA.
We spoke with Damascus Police Chief Bill Nunley who says officers began to chase Josh Phillips of Whitetop, who was speeding in Damascus.
Chief Nunley says Phillips rammed his vehicle into a Damascus police cruiser in an attempt to escape.
Phillips eventually crashed his car and ran into a wooded area near the Konnarock community.
K-9 units took down Phillips in the woods after about 30 minutes.
Phillips was bitten in his left arm.
Phillips is charged with felonious assault on a police officer, felony evading, and DUI.
- Updated Black Lives Matter rally crasher no longer enrolled at ETSU, attorney issues statement
- New Man accused of branding wife with hot knife appears in court
- Updated Man who penned famous Oscar Mayer jingle dies in Illinois
- Updated UPDATE: Item on Tweetsie Trail was geocaching box; trail reopens
- Updated Jonesborough police chief issues brief statement after being placed on leave