WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - A man who was the subject of a Washington County, Virginia manhunt last night is now in custody.
Sheriff Fred Newman tells us they found Jason Simmons Thursday morning at a home in Glade Spring.
Simmons faces charges of assault on a police officer, resisting arrest and possession of narcotics, after Deputy Steve McVey stopped the vehicle for an equipment violation.
Authorities say Simmons assaulted the deputy and left the scene.
He was also wanted on charges in Wise County, Virginia.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment