WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - A tanker carrying 6,000 gallons of spring water to be bottled overturned on I-81 North near mile marker 17. Click here to view photos.
Virginia State police told us the driver came up on a rolling road block, as road crews worked on the bridge by exit 17.
"He wasn't paying attention, and it was either hit the truck that was in the running road block or hit the ditch. He close to hit the ditch, and it overturned. He lost control," said Ron Hughes, Master Trooper with Virginia State Police.
No injuries were reported, but traffic was backed up for a few miles as a wrecker worked to clear the scene.
Officials said they had to let all the water drain out before the could turn the tanker upright.
- Updated UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman
- Bond set at $7M for suspect in Ohio house fire that killed 7
- Trump vows to crack down on leaks, slams NATO
- Insurers continue to hike prices, abandon ACA markets
- Woman claiming Sandy Hook was a hoax pleading guilty to threats