WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - A tanker carrying 6,000 gallons of spring water to be bottled overturned on I-81 North near mile marker 17. Click here to view photos.
Virginia State police told us the driver came up on a rolling road block, as road crews worked on the bridge by exit 17.
"He wasn't paying attention, and it was either hit the truck that was in the running road block or hit the ditch. He close to hit the ditch, and it overturned. He lost control," said Ron Hughes, Master Trooper with Virginia State Police.
No injuries were reported, but traffic was backed up for a few miles as a wrecker worked to clear the scene.
Officials said they had to let all the water drain out before the could turn the tanker upright.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Updated UPDATE: Former Bristol doctor receives probation on tax charges
- New Griffith, Kitts set for showdown in Virginia 9th District debate
- Arby's to sell venison sandwiches in 6 deer-hunting states