WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - A tanker carrying 6,000 gallons of spring water to be bottled overturned on I-81 North near mile marker 17. Click here to view photos.
Virginia State police told us the driver came up on a rolling road block, as road crews worked on the bridge by exit 17.
"He wasn't paying attention, and it was either hit the truck that was in the running road block or hit the ditch. He close to hit the ditch, and it overturned. He lost control," said Ron Hughes, Master Trooper with Virginia State Police.
No injuries were reported, but traffic was backed up for a few miles as a wrecker worked to clear the scene.
Officials said they had to let all the water drain out before the could turn the tanker upright.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane