WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is looking into the second death in less than a week at the Washington County, Tennessee Detention Center.
Sheriff Ed Graybeal says 35-year-old Charles Frederick Young died Wednesday night after being taken to Johnson City Medical Center by ambulance. The sheriff says Young was being held on a probation violation charge.
He was on probation for drug charges. Sheriff Graybeal says no foul play is suspected.
22-year-old Stewart Peppers, of Johnson City, died Monday, April 29 after he was also taken to the hospital by ambulance.
That death is also being investigated by the TBI.
- New Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial