GRAY, Tenn. - UPDATE 5:20 p.m.: Washington County, Tenn. Sheriff's Deputies say they have a person of interest and plan on interviewing more witnesses on Tuesday. No charges have been filed.
UPDATE 11:36 a.m.: Daniel Boone High School will be dismissing at 12:00 p.m. while crews continue to search the building following a bomb threat.
Students and faculty were evacuated to the football stadium for over two hours after the threat was reported.
Currently police are waiting for K-9 units to arrive to search the building. Authorities expect the search will take another two hours, leading to the early dismissal of the school.
We'll have more details as they are available.
Washington County, Tennessee sheriff's deputies are currently investigating a bomb threat at Daniel Boone High School.
School system officials tell us the students were sent to the football stadium as a precaution.
Detectives say a note was left on a bathroom wall and add there does not appear to be any danger at this time.
Officers say they will press criminal charges against the person responsible.
- New Video game player dies during non-stop marathon session
- New Correctional workers paint grim picture of Delaware prisons
- Updated 4 charged in death of 9-year-old boy with cerebral palsy
- Carter County robbery suspect captured
- Faculty respond to TBR's 'interim actions' taken at Northeast State Community College