WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - Changes are on the way for eighth grade and junior varsity sports in Washington County, Virginia.
For years, policy has restricted eighth grade participation in JV and seventh grader participation in eighth grade sports, if an upperclassman wanted the position. That will no longer be the case.
Tuesday night, the Washington County Virginia School Board voted to allow a maximum of 35 percent participation of underclassmen in the sports.
The change will take effect in fall of 2014.
- Space Needle owner: Ticket sales going to employees, relief fund
- Dolly Foundation: More than 900 sign up for relief fund assistance
- UPDATE: Jonesborough triple murder suspect pleads guilty, receives life sentence
- Saturday is last day to donate to Food City / BMS Relief Fund for Sevier County
- Coeburn man pleads guilty to multiple burglaries