WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - Changes are on the way for eighth grade and junior varsity sports in Washington County, Virginia.
For years, policy has restricted eighth grade participation in JV and seventh grader participation in eighth grade sports, if an upperclassman wanted the position. That will no longer be the case.
Tuesday night, the Washington County Virginia School Board voted to allow a maximum of 35 percent participation of underclassmen in the sports.
The change will take effect in fall of 2014.
- Kingsport police investigating suspicious death on Bruce Street
- Greeneville Couple Accused of Trying to Sell A Child on Craigslist
- Indivisible Greene County rally brings out protestors rallying for unity
- Kingsport hosts annual Carousel Fine Craft Show
- UVA-Wise hosts 24-hour student Hackathon in Abingdon