WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - Changes are on the way for eighth grade and junior varsity sports in Washington County, Virginia.
For years, policy has restricted eighth grade participation in JV and seventh grader participation in eighth grade sports, if an upperclassman wanted the position. That will no longer be the case.
Tuesday night, the Washington County Virginia School Board voted to allow a maximum of 35 percent participation of underclassmen in the sports.
The change will take effect in fall of 2014.
- Bristol, Va. city leaders pass final budget; alter staffing level procedure
- UPDATE: Johnson City doctor ordered to pay $1.2M in 2012 anticancer drug case
- Man lucky to be alive after heart stops for nearly 30 minutes
- Settlement between Sullivan County & Sheriff's Office could lead to tax increase
- Washington Co. - JC Animal Shelter in need of cat supplies