JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - Many people are saddling up for a good cause this weekend; to join in on the fun all you gave to do is get out your horse trailer and head to Jonesborough. W.F. Stables are hosting the fifth annual Saddle Up For St. Jude event Sunday.
The event is normally a lot of trail riding, but floods back in august have left some of the trails damaged.
Organizers have opted to hold a family fun day in the arena and cater to the entire family with lots of different events.
"Part of them will be on horseback and part of them will be on foot," WF Stables Co-Owner Patti Walters said. "So they will be fun for the entire family. We are going to do stick horse rides and sack races for the kids as well as some speed events for [adults]. It is all for fun and all to help raise money for St. Jude."
The event will start at 1 p.m. Sunday afternoon and last until sundown.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next