WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - A man is in serious condition Thursday morning after police say he was thrown from his truck in a wreck.
Police say the crash happened just after midnight in Washington County, Virginia.
According to Virginia State Police Trooper Wyrick, David Mullins was traveling southbound on State Route 11, between Abingdon and Meadowview, when he ran off the road, went over a hill and was thrown from his truck.
Trooper Wyrick says Mullins was flown to Bristol Regional Medical Center and is in serious condition.
He believes Mullins fell asleep while driving.
- Updated BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Updated Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview