WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - A man is in serious condition Thursday morning after police say he was thrown from his truck in a wreck.
Police say the crash happened just after midnight in Washington County, Virginia.
According to Virginia State Police Trooper Wyrick, David Mullins was traveling southbound on State Route 11, between Abingdon and Meadowview, when he ran off the road, went over a hill and was thrown from his truck.
Trooper Wyrick says Mullins was flown to Bristol Regional Medical Center and is in serious condition.
He believes Mullins fell asleep while driving.
- Tennessee general fund revenues beat projections by $159M
- Georgia firefighter dies after weekend accident on job
- Report: Suicides increase in Tennessee
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting