JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - Construction of a major traffic circle is moving right along in Jonesborough, Tennessee. The five point roundabout is at the intersection of highways 81 and 353 and is being made into the round shape by Summers Taylor Construction. This is the solution to the area having a high number of accidents in the area. Town Administrator Bob Browning says, "it's much safer than a normal traffic signal would be in terms of the kinds of accidents that occur accidents without injuries and when people can go through that intersection at 25 miles per hour and continue going where they are you know we feel like that's been a really good decision by TDOT." As a precaution in the meantime a temporary traffic signal has been put in the construction area.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway