ABINGDON, Va. - If you travel to Abingdon overnight you may run into a roadblock.
We learned Exit 17's off-ramps from Interstate 81 in Abingdon will be closed from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. starting Wednesday night.
VDOT is paving Cummings Street underneath the interstate because of break-up on the road from the winter months.
You will be able to get on the interstate from Exit 17. To exit, VDOT says to use Exits 14 and 19 during the evening.
The project is expected to be completed this Sunday.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next