ABINGDON, Va. - If you travel to Abingdon overnight you may run into a roadblock.
We learned Exit 17's off-ramps from Interstate 81 in Abingdon will be closed from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m. starting Wednesday night.
VDOT is paving Cummings Street underneath the interstate because of break-up on the road from the winter months.
You will be able to get on the interstate from Exit 17. To exit, VDOT says to use Exits 14 and 19 during the evening.
The project is expected to be completed this Sunday.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day