JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A local lawmaker's wife may have been the victim of identity theft.
Friday morning, Amanda Hill, wife of Tennessee Republican state representative Matthew Hill of Jonesborough, filed a report with the police department.
She told officers after getting a credit report, she learned nearly $800 was turned over to a collection agency for a bill at Heritage Medical Center in Shelbyville, Tennessee.
Mrs. Hill stated she had never been to that medical facility, nor did she know the listed suspect.
According to the report, this isn't the first time her identity has been stolen.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University