JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A local lawmaker's wife may have been the victim of identity theft.
Friday morning, Amanda Hill, wife of Tennessee Republican state representative Matthew Hill of Jonesborough, filed a report with the police department.
She told officers after getting a credit report, she learned nearly $800 was turned over to a collection agency for a bill at Heritage Medical Center in Shelbyville, Tennessee.
Mrs. Hill stated she had never been to that medical facility, nor did she know the listed suspect.
According to the report, this isn't the first time her identity has been stolen.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash