JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A local lawmaker's wife may have been the victim of identity theft.
Friday morning, Amanda Hill, wife of Tennessee Republican state representative Matthew Hill of Jonesborough, filed a report with the police department.
She told officers after getting a credit report, she learned nearly $800 was turned over to a collection agency for a bill at Heritage Medical Center in Shelbyville, Tennessee.
Mrs. Hill stated she had never been to that medical facility, nor did she know the listed suspect.
According to the report, this isn't the first time her identity has been stolen.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death