BRISTOL, Va. - The former Janie Hammit House in Bristol has a new name and a new purpose.
It's now called Janie's House of Recovery.
It's a faith based residential recovery program for women overcoming addictions to drugs and or alcohol, and the minimum stay is six months.
The facility is an expansion of Hannah's House of Recovery in Abingdon.
"We wanted to give them an opportunity to have a space of time to get clean and not just get clean but have a space in time to learn how to live sober. There's a difference in getting clean and living sober," said Linda Meadows
Janie's House of Recovery is continually looking for community support to continue and expand their program.
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets