BRISTOL, Va. - The former Janie Hammit House in Bristol has a new name and a new purpose.
It's now called Janie's House of Recovery.
It's a faith based residential recovery program for women overcoming addictions to drugs and or alcohol, and the minimum stay is six months.
The facility is an expansion of Hannah's House of Recovery in Abingdon.
"We wanted to give them an opportunity to have a space of time to get clean and not just get clean but have a space in time to learn how to live sober. There's a difference in getting clean and living sober," said Linda Meadows
Janie's House of Recovery is continually looking for community support to continue and expand their program.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial