BRISTOL, Va. - The former Janie Hammit House in Bristol has a new name and a new purpose.
It's now called Janie's House of Recovery.
It's a faith based residential recovery program for women overcoming addictions to drugs and or alcohol, and the minimum stay is six months.
The facility is an expansion of Hannah's House of Recovery in Abingdon.
"We wanted to give them an opportunity to have a space of time to get clean and not just get clean but have a space in time to learn how to live sober. There's a difference in getting clean and living sober," said Linda Meadows
Janie's House of Recovery is continually looking for community support to continue and expand their program.
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day
- Wanted man leads officers on multiple-state chase