WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - Police are looking for a man they say fled the scene of a hit-and-run Saturday morning.
Virginia State Police tell us it happened around 2:00 Saturday morning on Highway 11W in Washington County, Virginia.
We're told a person walking in the road was hit by a car.
Police tell us the driver of the car got out to check on the pedestrian and left the scene.
We're told the suspect is a male, about 6 feet tall with brown hair and a beard.
Police say the car is a gray 80's model Toyota with some damage to the front bumper and windshield.
The pedestrian is expected to be ok.
- Updated Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City