GRAY, Tenn. - Washington County, Tennessee deputies are searching for an armed man who robbed the Subway restaurant in Gray Monday morning.
Around 11:30 that morning, detectives tell us a man walked into the restaurant, showed the employee a gun and demanded money. Captain Shawn Judy of the Washington County Sheriff's Office says the employee gave the man shown in the photo above money and he took off on foot. "[He came in] through the front door. He asked her a question and then reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a gun. He leaned over the counter with it, demands the money," he described. "[The employee] walks down toward the cash register area."
Witnesses tell detectives the suspect was a white male around six feet tall and weighing about 160 pounds. He was wearing a brown Carrhart-style jacket with a hood and a blue baseball cap with the letter B on it. Witnesses also say the man had wire-rim glasses and a reddish goatee-type beard.
We were also told that three area schools were put on lockdown for a short period of time.
If you have any information you're asked to contact the sheriff's department.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment