ABINGDON, Va. - A Honaker, Virginia man is behind bars after leading police on a chase.
Virginia State Police say that it started just before noon on Route 19 in Abingdon. That's when they say an Abingdon police officer pulled over 29-year-old Avery Honaker.
They say Honaker took off and crashed into a guardrail a few miles up the road at the intersection of Route 19 and Moccasin Circle.
Phillip Battel with VSP says that Honaker reached a speed of 90 miles an hour before he wrecked. "As far as the state goes I got him charged with driving on a revoked drivers license and reckless driving," he said.
Honaker could also face charges from Abingdon Police and the Washington County Sheriff's Office.
During the chase, two police cars struck each other to avoid hitting the suspect's car.
No one was injured in the chase.
- Tenn. Senate replaces proposed 'alien' label IDs with 'visa'
- Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations