ABINGDON, Va. - A Honaker, Virginia man is behind bars after leading police on a chase.
Virginia State Police say that it started just before noon on Route 19 in Abingdon. That's when they say an Abingdon police officer pulled over 29-year-old Avery Honaker.
They say Honaker took off and crashed into a guardrail a few miles up the road at the intersection of Route 19 and Moccasin Circle.
Phillip Battel with VSP says that Honaker reached a speed of 90 miles an hour before he wrecked. "As far as the state goes I got him charged with driving on a revoked drivers license and reckless driving," he said.
Honaker could also face charges from Abingdon Police and the Washington County Sheriff's Office.
During the chase, two police cars struck each other to avoid hitting the suspect's car.
No one was injured in the chase.
- Updated BREAKING: One person shot, flown to hospital in Washington County, Va.
- Tusculum and Mosheim voters must decide on liquor sales
- Bigger turnout in second year of Push! Film Festival
- Family Justice Center to open in Sullivan County
- Voting on wine sales in retail food stores in two Unicoi County towns