WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - A man wanted for several felonies was arrested Sunday afternoon after a brief police chase.
According to Washington County, Virginia sheriff Fred Newman, deputies arrested Michael Stephen Robinette just outside the town of Cedarville.
Sheriff Newman said one of his officers spotted a car matching the description of one they believed Robinette was driving. Deputies tried to stop the car, but Newman said the driver took off and later crashed on Cedar Creek Road.
Newman says Robinette got out of the car and ran off, but he was chased down by Officer Blitz, a K-9.
Newman said Robinette was previously wanted on three charges of felony robbery and assault. Robinette is facing additional charges, including felony elude, possession of marijuana and driving on a revoked license.
He's being held in the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail without bond.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day