WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - Phil Timp has passed away after a long public battle with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, according to Tennessee District One Representative Jon Lundburg.
Lundburg told News 5 Timp went to sleep Monday night and never woke up.
Timp wrote a book called the Moments that Took My Breath Away.
Best selling author and friend Adriana Trigiani helped him get it published.
Timp said his family and faith helped him live a full life.
- New Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- New US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- New Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated
- Wise County authorities search for missing woman