WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - Phil Timp has passed away after a long public battle with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, according to Tennessee District One Representative Jon Lundburg.
Lundburg told News 5 Timp went to sleep Monday night and never woke up.
Timp wrote a book called the Moments that Took My Breath Away.
Best selling author and friend Adriana Trigiani helped him get it published.
Timp said his family and faith helped him live a full life.
- Updated UPDATE: Kingsport Police arrest murder suspect
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody