EMORY, Va. - Construction continues for a new building on a local college campus.
Emory & Henry College will soon have a new center for the arts. The building is being constructed in the middle of campus. It will be names the Woodrow W. McGlothlin Center for the Arts.
Emory & Henry Vice President of Academic Affairs, David Haney, said it will benefit the students in those programs
"[It is] mainly for academic programs. We have a very active theatre , music and art program. We have got a close relationship with the Barter and our students shadow their professionals there," Haney said.
The building is slated to open in February 2015.
- Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City