EMORY, Va. - Construction continues for a new building on a local college campus.
Emory & Henry College will soon have a new center for the arts. The building is being constructed in the middle of campus. It will be names the Woodrow W. McGlothlin Center for the Arts.
Emory & Henry Vice President of Academic Affairs, David Haney, said it will benefit the students in those programs
"[It is] mainly for academic programs. We have a very active theatre , music and art program. We have got a close relationship with the Barter and our students shadow their professionals there," Haney said.
The building is slated to open in February 2015.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon