GLADE SPRING, Va. - A late-night fire in Washington County, Virginia left one person dead Wednesday.
Washington County Emergency Management Director Pokey Harris tells us crews were called to a mobile home just after midnight on Loves Mill Road in Glade Spring.
After containing the blaze, officials found a body at the scene. Virginia State Police identified the victim as 39-year-old Kevin Melton, who lived at the home.
The home was a total loss. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- New 2-year-old drowns in North Carolina swimming pool
- New South Dakota teen with cancer gets OK to walk at graduation
- 2 juveniles charged in former Kingsport IGA building fire
- New resource plans to help mothers bearing drug addicted babies in Tri-Cities
- Many busy picking up the pieces after severe storms strike our region