WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - One person is dead following a crash in Washington County, Tennessee.
The Tennessee Highway Patrol tells News 5 it happened at the intersection of Horace Dillow Road and Nofattie Road just before 7 p.m. on August 2.
We're told a car turned in front of a pick-up truck, causing the truck to hit the car and pin it against a tree. Investigators say the driver of the car was flown to the hospital, where she later died.
The driver of the pick-up truck ran from the scene, although we're told he was not at fault.
Officers are still looking for him. They believe he may have been driving on a revoked license.
No names have been released.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment