WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - Friday the Washington County Board of Supervisors and Industrial Development Authority made a dedication -- they dedicated Oak Park Center for Business and Industry, phases three and four.
They also acknowledged over $11 million in grant funds, which was provided by the Virginia Tobacco Commission.
These funds are being used to create over 327 additional acres of industrial land, grade 150 acres of shovel-ready pads, construct a new access road off of US Route 11, and add 500,000 gallons per day of reserved sewer capacity.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport