JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man convicted of killing his wife for insurance money in Johnson City has lost a bid for a new trial.
Criminal Court Judge Robert Cupp ruled Friday that it wasn't his place to overturn Dale Larkin's verdict. A jury convicted Larkin in February of killing his wife Terry in a bathtub in 2003.
Investigators ruled the case a murder in 2009 after a second autopsy. Larkin's attorney says he will appeal.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend