JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man convicted of killing his wife for insurance money in Johnson City has lost a bid for a new trial.
Criminal Court Judge Robert Cupp ruled Friday that it wasn't his place to overturn Dale Larkin's verdict. A jury convicted Larkin in February of killing his wife Terry in a bathtub in 2003.
Investigators ruled the case a murder in 2009 after a second autopsy. Larkin's attorney says he will appeal.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day