JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A man convicted of killing his wife for insurance money in Johnson City has lost a bid for a new trial.
Criminal Court Judge Robert Cupp ruled Friday that it wasn't his place to overturn Dale Larkin's verdict. A jury convicted Larkin in February of killing his wife Terry in a bathtub in 2003.
Investigators ruled the case a murder in 2009 after a second autopsy. Larkin's attorney says he will appeal.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator