WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A new school could be in the works for Washington County, Tennessee.
Director of Schools Ron Dykes says Boones Creek Elementary School and Boones Creek Middle School are in need of repairs. The schools are 44 and 75 years old, respectively.
We're told one option is to combine the schools and create a brand new Kindergarten through eighth grade building.
The new location would be farther in the county, away from Johnson City limits. "The proposed location is somewhere in the northeastern quadrant of the county, outside of the expected expansion of Johnson City any time soon," says Director of Schools Ron Dykes.
Dykes plans to make a formal presentation to the County Commission Budget Committee in April.
- Updated UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman
- Bond set at $7M for suspect in Ohio house fire that killed 7
- Trump vows to crack down on leaks, slams NATO
- Insurers continue to hike prices, abandon ACA markets
- Woman claiming Sandy Hook was a hoax pleading guilty to threats