WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A new school could be in the works for Washington County, Tennessee.
Director of Schools Ron Dykes says Boones Creek Elementary School and Boones Creek Middle School are in need of repairs. The schools are 44 and 75 years old, respectively.
We're told one option is to combine the schools and create a brand new Kindergarten through eighth grade building.
The new location would be farther in the county, away from Johnson City limits. "The proposed location is somewhere in the northeastern quadrant of the county, outside of the expected expansion of Johnson City any time soon," says Director of Schools Ron Dykes.
Dykes plans to make a formal presentation to the County Commission Budget Committee in April.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend