WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - The United Way of Washington County, Tennessee was both celebrating the past and welcoming new leaders for next year's campaign Thursday.
Volunteers, community leaders, and agencies met to celebrate last year's fundraising campaign.
Folks were also welcoming the incoming Board Chair, Becky Hilbert, for 2013-2014 as well as forming action plans to meet next year's goals.
"We've got some great plans about getting more people involved, educating them all about what United Way does, and we would love to be able to expand out into the community," added Hilbert.
When it comes to next year's fundraiser, we're told leaders will soon meet to set a campaign goal.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson