WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - The United Way of Washington County, Tennessee was both celebrating the past and welcoming new leaders for next year's campaign Thursday.
Volunteers, community leaders, and agencies met to celebrate last year's fundraising campaign.
Folks were also welcoming the incoming Board Chair, Becky Hilbert, for 2013-2014 as well as forming action plans to meet next year's goals.
"We've got some great plans about getting more people involved, educating them all about what United Way does, and we would love to be able to expand out into the community," added Hilbert.
When it comes to next year's fundraiser, we're told leaders will soon meet to set a campaign goal.
- New Official: Trump to revoke transgender bathroom guidance
- New Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- Updated UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- Dirty dancing: Caretaker charged for naughty dance in front of dementia patient
- Haslam: First vote on gas tax won't signal final version