JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - Jonesborough residents will soon have a place to buy farm fresh produce six days a week.
Fundraising continues to back the new Boone Street Farmer's Market, which will be located at the old Exxon service station building near the corner of Boone and Main Streets.
After getting $10,000 through the Washington County Commission, organizers of the market are scheduled to receive a $5,000 gift from Eastman Credit Union Tomorrow. That will be the largest corporate donation to date for the new market.
Individual donors and supporters have also provided money for the project.
The new farmer's market should be open by July.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend