JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - Jonesborough residents will soon have a place to buy farm fresh produce six days a week.
Fundraising continues to back the new Boone Street Farmer's Market, which will be located at the old Exxon service station building near the corner of Boone and Main Streets.
After getting $10,000 through the Washington County Commission, organizers of the market are scheduled to receive a $5,000 gift from Eastman Credit Union Tomorrow. That will be the largest corporate donation to date for the new market.
Individual donors and supporters have also provided money for the project.
The new farmer's market should be open by July.
- Death toll from Sevier County wildfires increases to 14
- Updated Comptroller critical of Washington County, TN Sheriff's Office
- Kingsport man wanted for violent attack on female victim and cat
- Police searching for man suspected in 2 Kingsport burglaries
- Police: Fake news story led gunman to popular DC pizzeria