JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - Jonesborough residents will soon have a place to buy farm fresh produce six days a week.
Fundraising continues to back the new Boone Street Farmer's Market, which will be located at the old Exxon service station building near the corner of Boone and Main Streets.
After getting $10,000 through the Washington County Commission, organizers of the market are scheduled to receive a $5,000 gift from Eastman Credit Union Tomorrow. That will be the largest corporate donation to date for the new market.
Individual donors and supporters have also provided money for the project.
The new farmer's market should be open by July.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial