JONESBUROUGH, Tenn. - After months of searching, the ISC in Jonesborough, Tenn. has chosen a new executive director.
Kiran Sirah, the new director, is currently living in Chapel Hill, North Carolina and just received his second master's degree.
Sirah is a native of the United Kingdom. We're told he brings international perspective to the International Storytelling Center, an organization that's dedicated to improving the lives of people around the world through the power of storytelling.
Chairperson William Kennedy tells us, "He has a passion for storytelling. He sees the importance of storytelling in folklore and in bringing in people of various cultures together. He sees all the humanity as one family and wants to see more people come together to understand various cultures and each other."
The ISC is hoping Sirah will strengthen the programs they already have as well as expand their festival.
He will arrive in August to take on his new role.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated Battle at Bristol 2? Speedway Motorsports won't rule it out
- Updated Virginia settles with Hyundai/Kia in multi-state suit
- Updated King University to suspend admissions to nursing program, close Nashville-area campus