JONESBUROUGH, Tenn. - After months of searching, the ISC in Jonesborough, Tenn. has chosen a new executive director.
Kiran Sirah, the new director, is currently living in Chapel Hill, North Carolina and just received his second master's degree.
Sirah is a native of the United Kingdom. We're told he brings international perspective to the International Storytelling Center, an organization that's dedicated to improving the lives of people around the world through the power of storytelling.
Chairperson William Kennedy tells us, "He has a passion for storytelling. He sees the importance of storytelling in folklore and in bringing in people of various cultures together. He sees all the humanity as one family and wants to see more people come together to understand various cultures and each other."
The ISC is hoping Sirah will strengthen the programs they already have as well as expand their festival.
He will arrive in August to take on his new role.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway