A Johnson City murder trail got off to a late start today because the state's key witness had to testify in another hearing in Knoxville this morning.
Dale Larkin is on trial for First Degree Murder in the 2003 death of his wife Terri Larkin. The trial did not get underway until after 1:00 p.m. today while the court waited on the witness.
A forensic pathologist for Knoxville, who performed a second autopsy on Terri Larkin's body, has been on the stand most of the day. She discovered several broken bones that were not found in the original autopsy several years earlier.
Larkin also faces two counts of insurance fraud.
The trial is expected to last all of this week and could stretch into next week.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway