WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - One person is dead after a motorcycle accident involving a sheriff's office vehicle.
Virginia State Police say the wreck happened just after 1:30 p.m. Tuesday on Cleveland Road in Washington County. We're told a motorcycle driven by Dennis Ford, 37, of Bristol, Virginia collided with a Washington County sheriff's deputy's car.
Ford's 2013 Harley-Davidson was traveling east on Cleveland Road. As the motorcycle came through a sharp curve, it crossed the center line and collided with the deputies' Ford Explorer. The Explorer swerved to the right in an attempt to avoid the oncoming motorcycle, which had spun out on its side and slid backwards into the Explorer.
The deputies in the Ford Explorer immediately stopped and began CPR on the motorcyclist until the rescue squad arrived. Ford died in the crash.
The deputies were not hurt.
Virginia State Police are still investigating the cause at this time.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon