WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A Washington County, Tennessee couple jailed on burglary and theft charges from Johnson City earlier this week has picked up more charges this time in Washington County.
Sheriff's department investigators say Derrick Lee Conway and Madison Baylor Clark were charged with seven counts of aggravated burglary, plus charges of felony vandalism and theft.
Officers say the two were going to new home construction sites and taking tools and construction supplies.
They're accused of then selling those items at local flea markets or return them to retail stores for gift cards.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment