WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A Washington County, Tennessee couple jailed on burglary and theft charges from Johnson City earlier this week has picked up more charges this time in Washington County.
Sheriff's department investigators say Derrick Lee Conway and Madison Baylor Clark were charged with seven counts of aggravated burglary, plus charges of felony vandalism and theft.
Officers say the two were going to new home construction sites and taking tools and construction supplies.
They're accused of then selling those items at local flea markets or return them to retail stores for gift cards.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next