WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - A shoplifting call led Washington County, Virginia authorities to a meth lab in the parking lot of Walmart.
According to Sheriff Fred Newman, 51-year-old Donald Wayne Russell was arrested after they say he tried to take over $2,000 in merchandise from the store.
He says that led officers to search for his vehicle where they found a one-pot lab an ingredients to make more meth.
Russell is facing several charges including manufacturing meth and shoplifting. He's in the Abingdon Regional Jail under a $12,000 bond.
- Kingsport veteran and his mother receive Holston Habitat home
- Tractor Trailer crash on I-81 causing delays
- Big Brothers Big Sisters mentors give Christmas presents to their mentees
- Crews out in force to keep roads safe Friday
- Scott County woman plays role of Santa Claus; distributes hundreds of presents to kids in need