WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - A shoplifting call led Washington County, Virginia authorities to a meth lab in the parking lot of Walmart.
According to Sheriff Fred Newman, 51-year-old Donald Wayne Russell was arrested after they say he tried to take over $2,000 in merchandise from the store.
He says that led officers to search for his vehicle where they found a one-pot lab an ingredients to make more meth.
Russell is facing several charges including manufacturing meth and shoplifting. He's in the Abingdon Regional Jail under a $12,000 bond.
- Sheriff: Social media rumors concerning Northwood High School being investigated
- Gone without a trace, Honaker man missing for a week
- Bogus Bills Bust: Washington County TN nab another counterfeit cash criminal
- Local healthcare leaders, educators discuss upcoming changes to Affordable Care Act
- For Weston: 'Feed the Fire' honors Kingsport boy's dream