Washington County, VA - Two people were arrested in Washington County, Virginia after deputies found an active one-pot meth lab in a motel room in Bristol, Virginia.
Washington County Virginia Sheriff Fred Newman tells News 5 deputies executed a search warrant a little past midnight early Saturday morning to a motel room at the Deluxe Inn on Lee Highway.
We're told that's where officers found Randall Mercer, and his daughter, Candida Maldonado with two one-pot meth labs and a small amount of methamphetamine.
Officers say both were living in the motel room.
Both are being charged with two counts of manufacturing methamphetamine, one count of possession of methamphetamine, one count to manufacture methamphetamine, and one count of possession of methamphetamine precursors
We're told Mercer is being held without bond, while Maldonado is being held on a $3,000 secured bond at the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Abingdon.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport