WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A man convicted of murder in Washington County, Tennessee is asking the courts to grant him a new trial.
Justin Stratton was found guilty last month in the 2011 murder of Gary Couch and was sentenced to life in prison.
Police say the victim was shot to death on Quarry road on July 30, 2011.
Stratton was back in court Thursday after his attorneys asked the judge to grant him a new trial.
Anthony Phillips, Ginger Holtsclaw, and Ashley Harold were also charged in this case.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- Updated Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations