WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A man convicted of murder in Washington County, Tennessee is asking the courts to grant him a new trial.
Justin Stratton was found guilty last month in the 2011 murder of Gary Couch and was sentenced to life in prison.
Police say the victim was shot to death on Quarry road on July 30, 2011.
Stratton was back in court Thursday after his attorneys asked the judge to grant him a new trial.
Anthony Phillips, Ginger Holtsclaw, and Ashley Harold were also charged in this case.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death