WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A motorcycle driver is recovering after losing his leg in a three-car collision.
The photo above is what it looked like on Greenwood Drive in Washington County, Tennessee around 8:15 p.m. Tuesday.
Investigators tell us they are in the preliminary stages of their investigation, but say the two cars, driven by Karen Simmons and Lyndsay-Ann Gentry were going north, when they hit the motorcycle.
The driver of that motorcycle, Robert Leach, underwent surgery and had his leg amputated.
Simmons and gentry were taken to the hospital for minor injuries.
Police are still investigating what led up to the collision.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon