WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - The man accused of running a major drug dealing operation out of Washington County, Tennessee had his day in court Thursday.
Sheriff Ed Graybeal says this follows a lengthy Drug Task Force investigation. Authorities say it started after agents got a tip six months ago.
On Wednesday morning they moved in on 33-year-old Marcus Story of Johnson City. Agents say they seized a 2005 Cadillac Escalade, more than $8,000 in cash, cocaine, marijuana and six guns. Click here to read more about the arrest.
"This was a large-scale operation," Sheriff Graybeal said. "When you get something this big, you get the handguns, the ammo, all this stuff that Drug Task Force gets. That lets you know he was protecting his property and he didn't want anybody to get it."
Sheriff Graybeal went on to say that that can be a dangerous situation for a community.
Authorities say Marcus Story made his $42,000 as of Thursday evening.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane