WASHINGTON COUNTY, Virginia - A Washington County, Virginia man faces several felony charges after a rape investigation.
Sheriff Fred Newman said they arrested Hursel Harold Elkins, Jr. and charged him with rape and taking indecent liberties with a child.
Newman said Elkins is accused of committing these sexual offenses against one victim between 2009 and 2012. "We had a complaint from the victim in regards to the allegations, we began investigating based on statements the victim gave," he explained.
Elkins is scheduled to be in court for a bond hearing on Thursday.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment