WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - The Washington County, Virginia Sheriff's Office made an arrest in connection with a robbery.
Sheriff Fred Newman says 24-year-old Scott Crawford, of Abingdon, was arrested Tuesday. Deputies believe Crawford robbed Angie's Wholesale Tobacco on Porterfield Highway on November 15, 2013.
The clerk told deputies Crawford had been in the store earlier that day, and later returned.
Crawford is accused of reaching across the counter and taking money from the cash register. He is now charged with robbery.
He's being held in the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Abingdon without bond.
- New Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School