WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - The Washington County, Virginia Sheriff's Office made an arrest in connection with a robbery.
Sheriff Fred Newman says 24-year-old Scott Crawford, of Abingdon, was arrested Tuesday. Deputies believe Crawford robbed Angie's Wholesale Tobacco on Porterfield Highway on November 15, 2013.
The clerk told deputies Crawford had been in the store earlier that day, and later returned.
Crawford is accused of reaching across the counter and taking money from the cash register. He is now charged with robbery.
He's being held in the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Abingdon without bond.
- Updated Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.