WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - The Washington County, Virginia Sheriff's Office made an arrest in connection with a robbery.
Sheriff Fred Newman says 24-year-old Scott Crawford, of Abingdon, was arrested Tuesday. Deputies believe Crawford robbed Angie's Wholesale Tobacco on Porterfield Highway on November 15, 2013.
The clerk told deputies Crawford had been in the store earlier that day, and later returned.
Crawford is accused of reaching across the counter and taking money from the cash register. He is now charged with robbery.
He's being held in the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail in Abingdon without bond.
- Updated UPDATE: Suspects were living in Saltville murder victim's home
- Lawyer: Experts say man who beheaded son ready for release
- ETSU restructures Forbes' contract for bonuses
- Supreme Court mainly rules for black voters in Virginia case
- Report: Pennsylvania woman shoots husband after casserole argument