ABINGDON, Va. - Reports of a shooting led Abingdon police officers to Williams Street early Wednesday morning.
According to Chief Tony Sullivan, 63-year-old William David Musick was found at the scene. Police say Musick admitted that he fired three rounds from a .38 revolver into the air, but added he didn't hit anything.
He was charged with misdemeanor charges of discharging a firearm in a public place and possession of marijuana, among other charges.
He was taken to the Southwest Regional Jail in Abingdon and is currently being held without bond.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport