ABINGDON, Va. - Reports of a shooting led Abingdon police officers to Williams Street early Wednesday morning.
According to Chief Tony Sullivan, 63-year-old William David Musick was found at the scene. Police say Musick admitted that he fired three rounds from a .38 revolver into the air, but added he didn't hit anything.
He was charged with misdemeanor charges of discharging a firearm in a public place and possession of marijuana, among other charges.
He was taken to the Southwest Regional Jail in Abingdon and is currently being held without bond.
- Updated Abingdon Police investigating after a train hit a pedestrian
- Congressman Phil Roe is working on reforming the Affordable Care Act
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City