WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A man is facing charges after holding deputies at bay for more than three hours in Washington County, Tennessee.
Chad Michael Propst was arrested Tuesday at a home on Garland Road.
The victim told deputies Propst assaulted her and then pulled out a shotgun threatening to kill her and himself.
Deputies say he also made threats to kill anyone that tried to come into the house. Officers say he refused to come out of the house for over three hours.
Propst is now charged with attempted second degree murder along with drug possesion and firearms charges.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway