WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A fire destroyed a home in Washington County, Tennessee on Tuesday.
It happened around 6:30 in the morning on Mitchell Ridge Road. Firefighters say when they arrived on scene, the apartment above a garage was consumed with fire.
The home was a total loss.
Authorities say two children and a man were home at the time and had to be taken to the hospital.
According to the Sulphur Springs Volunteer Fire Department, the man had to break out a window and lower the two children about 12 feet to the ground, then he jumped out of the window. There was no word on the severity of their injuries.
The Red Cross was called in to assist.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death