JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A local library is receiving a major boost in funding.
The Washington County public library in Jonesborough and Gray will benefit from a tremendous increase in state funding.
The library is set to receive roughly three times the amount of state dollars this year compared to last year.
Close to $20,000 is being given to the library to expand materials. The library plans to use the money to expand its computer lab for community training programs.
They will also start a local database of digital books for e-readers.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport