WASHINGTON COUNTY, Va. - Two local deputies have been honored by the southwest Virginia of Mothers Against Drunk Driving, or MADD, for their efforts detecting, arresting and convicting drunk drivers.
Washington County, Virginia deputies Lance Campbell and Lucas Shelley made 20 DWI arrests last year.
Sheriff Fred Newman says the department's goal is to make highways as safe as possible by aggressively enforcing drunk driving laws.
- New Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Updated Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall
- Body discovered near Guest River Gorge
- Red carpet rolled out in Bristol for the movie premiere of 'Believe'
- Rime ice caps area mountain tops just days after record highs