GLADE SPRING, Va. - A local school started the day with an abundance of security and extra safety steps.
The principal at Patrick Henry High School sent a letter to parents on Thursday after staff found vandalism and references to Friday's date but he said there was no threat.
The building was searched Thursday night and Friday morning, extra law enforcement officers were on hand Friday.
Students were also asked only bring items necessary for class and not to bring any book bags or gym bags with them on Friday.
A reward is being offered to find the vandal.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death