GLADE SPRING, Va. - A local school started the day with an abundance of security and extra safety steps.
The principal at Patrick Henry High School sent a letter to parents on Thursday after staff found vandalism and references to Friday's date but he said there was no threat.
The building was searched Thursday night and Friday morning, extra law enforcement officers were on hand Friday.
Students were also asked only bring items necessary for class and not to bring any book bags or gym bags with them on Friday.
A reward is being offered to find the vandal.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next