WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A local food bank gets a big boost to help accomplish its mission of helping people in need.
First Franklin Financial donated more than $37,000 to Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee.
The money will be used to help provide food assistance to elderly people and families in the eight-county area of northeast Tennessee.
The food bank director says the money comes at the perfect time because donations are typically down this time of year.
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire