WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A local food bank gets a big boost to help accomplish its mission of helping people in need.
First Franklin Financial donated more than $37,000 to Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee.
The money will be used to help provide food assistance to elderly people and families in the eight-county area of northeast Tennessee.
The food bank director says the money comes at the perfect time because donations are typically down this time of year.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day