EMORY, Va. - Several small colleges in Virginia are switching to landfill gas as their source of electricity.
Emory & Henry College is one of five schools that have joined forces to make the change.
Emory & Henry says the shift will save the school up to $1 million over the next 12 years.
Officials are working to establish a facility at the landfill in Bristol, Virginia.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator