EMORY, Va. - Several small colleges in Virginia are switching to landfill gas as their source of electricity.
Emory & Henry College is one of five schools that have joined forces to make the change.
Emory & Henry says the shift will save the school up to $1 million over the next 12 years.
Officials are working to establish a facility at the landfill in Bristol, Virginia.
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia