EMORY, Va. - Several small colleges in Virginia are switching to landfill gas as their source of electricity.
Emory & Henry College is one of five schools that have joined forces to make the change.
Emory & Henry says the shift will save the school up to $1 million over the next 12 years.
Officials are working to establish a facility at the landfill in Bristol, Virginia.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day