Jury selection is underway in the trial of a man accused of killing his wife.
It happened in their home in Johnson City seven years ago. Dale Larkin faces first degree murder and insurance fraud charges in the death of Terri Larkin.
This morning the judge was asking potential jurors about pre-trial publicity and its impact on their ability to make a decision.
When Terri Larkin died in 2003 the autopsy did not determine an exact cause of death. She was found in the bathtub and it was believed to have been an accident.
Her body was exhumed four years later in 2007 for a second autopsy. Then doctors found more extensive injuries and Dale Larkin was charged with killing her.
Opening arguments are expected tomorrow.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash