Jury selection is underway in the trial of a man accused of killing his wife.
It happened in their home in Johnson City seven years ago. Dale Larkin faces first degree murder and insurance fraud charges in the death of Terri Larkin.
This morning the judge was asking potential jurors about pre-trial publicity and its impact on their ability to make a decision.
When Terri Larkin died in 2003 the autopsy did not determine an exact cause of death. She was found in the bathtub and it was believed to have been an accident.
Her body was exhumed four years later in 2007 for a second autopsy. Then doctors found more extensive injuries and Dale Larkin was charged with killing her.
Opening arguments are expected tomorrow.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane