MENDOTA, Va. - Congratulations are in order for a Southwest Virginia man.
Early Monday morning 88.3 WCQR Radio and King University announced the winner of the "College Dream" contest. Reece Fleenor of Mendota, Virginia was the winner.
He will now be able to attend King University and finish his Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology for free. He also received a laptop courtesy of Eastman Credit Union.
Fleenor is a machinist with Bristol Compressor in Bristol, Virginia who dreamed of finishing his college degree, but could not after his wife's medical bills made it financially impossible.
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets