JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - The 41st annual National Storytelling Festival kicks off Friday night in Jonesborough.
An estimated 100,000 to 12,000 thousand visitors are expected to be at this year's event.
The festival celebrates diverse cultural heritage and exhibits, including more than just stories.
The National Storytelling Festival officially starts Friday night at 7:30 p.m. We're told tickets to the opening act are still available.
For more information and a full lineup of events, visit storytellingcenter.net/festival.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment