JONESBOROUGH, TENN. - Jonesborough is turning purple to help raise awareness in the fight against cancer.
The town is getting ready for a day of games, food and music.
Jonesborough is putting purple out all through the town leading up to the Relay for Life event.
Carrie Kilpatrick manages a local restaurant. "The owner of this facility is a cancer survivor." said Kilpatrick. "Both of my parents had cancer, they were not survivors, so yes, cancer touches everyone."
The Relay for Life event will take place July 26th from Noon until Midnight.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial