WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A Jonesborough man is being charged with four counts of statutory rape.
Washington County, Tennessee Sheriff Ed Graybeal tells us 48-year-old Michael Joseph Clay is accused of receiving and sending inappropriate pictures through a cell phone to a juvenile.
The investigation showed the inappropriate contact happened on at least four separate occasions.
Washington County investigator Jared Taylor says "sexting" is becoming a bigger problem. "Unfortunately I just don't know that we have the laws or that they've caught up to this technology," he said. "[We need to] allow law enforcement to do a better job in trying to prevent this."
Clay's bond was set at $100,000. At last check he is still in the Washington County Detention Center.
- New KISS concert in Manchester canceled after terrorist attacks
- New Tennessee governor signs NRA-backed metal detector gun bill
- New Former Texas nurse accused of killing dozens of kids in '80s
- UPDATE: Johnson County juvenile pleads guilty in 2015 murder
- Muslim man sues Little Caesars over pizza labeled 'halal'