WASHINGTON COUNTY, Tenn. - A Jonesborough man is being charged with four counts of statutory rape.
Washington County, Tennessee Sheriff Ed Graybeal tells us 48-year-old Michael Joseph Clay is accused of receiving and sending inappropriate pictures through a cell phone to a juvenile.
The investigation showed the inappropriate contact happened on at least four separate occasions.
Washington County investigator Jared Taylor says "sexting" is becoming a bigger problem. "Unfortunately I just don't know that we have the laws or that they've caught up to this technology," he said. "[We need to] allow law enforcement to do a better job in trying to prevent this."
Clay's bond was set at $100,000. At last check he is still in the Washington County Detention Center.
- Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School