WASHINGTON CO., Tenn. - The Town of Jonesborough was handed a big check to help with the renovation of an old gas station near downtown.
Jonesborough officials were given $3,500 by Farm Credit Mid-America. The money will go towards turning the old Exxon Station on the corner of Boone Street and Main Street into a store that will sell locally-produced goods that you normally find at their farmer's market on Saturdays.
Town Mayor Kelly Wolfe says this store will be a big help to the folks who use the farmer's market.
- Updated Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson