WASHINGTON CO., Tenn. - The Town of Jonesborough was handed a big check to help with the renovation of an old gas station near downtown.
Jonesborough officials were given $3,500 by Farm Credit Mid-America. The money will go towards turning the old Exxon Station on the corner of Boone Street and Main Street into a store that will sell locally-produced goods that you normally find at their farmer's market on Saturdays.
Town Mayor Kelly Wolfe says this store will be a big help to the folks who use the farmer's market.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next